MSc/PGDip Medical Imaging Science / Application and selection
Year of entry: 2021
- View tabs
- View full page
How to apply
Please apply via our online application form . See the application and selection section for details of the supporting documents we require.
We recommend that you apply as early as possible. We reserve the right to close applications if the course is full.
Advice to applicants
All applicants must apply online and the following supporting documents should be provided to support your application.
- Two academic references on headed paper, signed and dated within the last six months.
- Two referee report forms using the referee report form (PDF, 28KB), signed and dated within the last six months.
- Copies (not originals) of degree certificates and official transcripts of previous study showing the subjects taken and grades obtained. If these are in a language other than English, please provide official translations. Please make clear in your application the highest level of mathematics or physics you have achieved.
- Evidence of English language ability (if appropriate). Please note if any documents are in a language other than English, official translations need to be provided.
- A full current CV.
- A personal statement indicating how your background equips you to complete the course and your goals on successful achievement of the degree.
Please upload any supporting documents with the online application. Without these documents, a decision cannot be given.
Applicants with a radiography background
Please note that applicants with a background in radiography are welcome, but you should note that this course deals with the science of medical imaging and does not provide advanced professional training in radiography.
Such courses (some with a similar name to this one) are offered at other institutions.
Acceptance will be subject to interview as the course has a strong basis in mathematics and physics, and you will need to demonstrate an aptitude and enthusiasm for this material.
All applicants will be interviewed by Skype or Zoom.
Overseas (non-UK) applicants
Your application will be considered against the standard course entry criteria for that year of entry. In your new application you should demonstrate how your application has improved.We may draw upon all information from your previous applications or any previous registrations at the University as a student when assessing your suitability for your chosen course.