Our research institutes combine disciplines to facilitate leading-edge research and meet the external demands of government, business and communities.
University interdiscplinary research institutes
Our interdisciplinary research institutes are established where we have achieved, or aspire to, world-leading status.
- Cancer Research UK Manchester Institute
- Cathie Marsh Institute for Social Research
- Christabel Pankhurst Institute for Health Technology Research and Innovation
- Dalton Nuclear Institute
- Global Development Institute
- Henry Royce Institute
- Humanitarian and Conflict Response Institute
- Institute for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- John Rylands Research Institute and Library
- Lydia Becker Institute of Immunology and Inflammation
- Manchester Cancer Research Centre
- Manchester China Institute
- Manchester Environmental Research Institute
- Manchester Institute of Biotechnology
- Manchester Institute of Innovation Research
- Manchester Urban Institute
- National Graphene Institute
- Photon Science Institute
- Productivity Institute
- Sustainable Consumption Institute
- Thomas Ashton Institute
- Work and Equalities Institute
Find out about our world-leading departments and facilities.
Learn about the interdisciplinary networks that drive our research forward.