Stellify enables you to do more and be more during your time at university, with a select package of activities containing some of Manchester’s most exciting and transformational student experiences – and the chance to earn a prestigious University award.
'Stellify' means 'to change, or be changed, into a star'. We want all our students to 'stellify' themselves at Manchester – to take on fresh challenges, meet and work with a wide range of people and perspectives, contribute to local and global communities, tackle issues of global importance and gain new skills through hands-on activities, in order to become the best graduate they can be.
By participating in your own unique combination of Stellify activities, you’ll gain more than a world-class degree. You’ll have the chance to experience true personal and professional growth, consider your place in the world and how you can make a difference to others, and develop the distinctive attributes of a Manchester graduate.
Five points of action
Manchester graduates are highly sought-after by the UK’s top graduate employers, known for their work-ready skills and experience as well as the quality of their academic ability.
Stellify activities are grouped around five points of action that will help you to develop the attributes demonstrated by our most successful graduates.
You'll be able to:
- learn without boundaries – broadening your horizons with fresh perspectives from working across disciplines and in new environments;
- understand the issues that matter in contemporary local and global societies and workplaces;
- make a difference through socially responsible awareness and actions;
- step up and lead, taking on fresh challenges, responsible roles and ethical management; and
- create your future through proactive personal planning and career development.
You’ll find an incredible variety and quality of student experiences at Manchester, thanks to our considerable size and scope, world-class facilities, positive relationships with local and global communities, our central commitment to social responsibility and our location in the dynamic and innovative city of Manchester.
Examples of Stellify activities include:
- the Manchester Leadership Award – our most prestigious extra-curricular accolade for undergraduate students, for which you’ll tackle Ethical Grand Challenges relevant to global societies and contemporary workplaces, while undertaking community volunteering and leadership experiences.
- optional course units from our University College of Interdisciplinary Learning, incorporating interdisciplinary and international learning from world-leading minds into your degree.
- thousands of student volunteering opportunities and ideas, enabling you to gain hands-on skills and experience while contributing to communities at a local, national and global level.
You could also gain knowledge and experience in 21st-century enterprise, cross-cultural communication, student leadership, work experience, professional networking, study abroad, peer mentoring and much more.