Industry collaboration funding
Industry collaboration funding enables UK research organisations (including The University of Manchester) to speed up the real-world impact of academic research.
We actively seek external businesses and other organisations to engage with, delivering research and expertise effectively and efficiently.
Our current schemes are:
- EPSRC Impact Acceleration Account – providing a broad range of mechanisms to support knowledge exchange, from initial engagement and collaboration, through to commercialisation.
- ESRC Impact Acceleration Account – encouraging two-way dialogue and collaboration between social scientists and research users in order to maximise the potential impact of social science research on policy and practice.
- MRC Proximity to Discovery Fund – supporting early interactions and knowledge exchange between industry and MRC research outputs.
- BBSRC Innovation Fellowship Fund – supporting people, skill and knowledge exchange between industry partners and early career researchers.
- BBSRC Impact Acceleration Account - to strengthen knowledge exchange, initiate and build collaborative relationships, support the translation/commercialisation of early-stage research and support imaginative approaches to impact delivery.