How Knowledge Transfer Partnerships can benefit your academic career
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs) give academics opportunities to observe and influence the practical application of their research.
This supports the increasing demand to provide evidence of the impact of research investment, while informing the pathway of ongoing and future research.
Benefits to academics are wide-ranging, but you can expect to:
- apply knowledge and expertise to important commercial challenges;
- develop industry-relevant teaching material;
- identify new research themes, and undergraduate and postgraduate projects;
- publish high-quality journal and conference papers;
- contribute to the Research Excellence Framework (REF) exercise;
- develop strategic relationships with regional and national organisations.
If you have a project that you think may be suitable for KTP, contact us for more information.
- Download our KTP academic case study (PDF document, 2.9MB)