Recruit our graduates and students for jobs and internships, and you will benefit from talent that comes equipped for the challenges of the business world.
Employers look to Manchester when seeking the best talent. We're the most targeted university by the UK's top graduate recruiters (The Graduate Market 2023, High Fliers Research).
We work in partnership with organisations, from SMEs to multinational corporations, offering you a wide variety of talented recruits to assist your business's growth and progress.
We encourage all of our students to accelerate their personal and professional development during their time at Manchester by participating in Stellify: a package of some of our most transformative student experiences.
Students can choose Stellify activities grouped around five points of action, in order to help them develop five distinctive attributes of a Manchester graduate that help them stand out as people with potential.
'Stellified' students have learned to:
- embrace learning without boundaries, actively seeking to broaden their perspectives and horizons;
- understand the issues that matter in contemporary local and global societies;
- make a difference through socially responsible awareness and actions;
- step up to fresh challenges, responsible roles, ethical leadership; and
- engage with their future through proactive personal planning and career development.
Undergraduate students can also gain the Manchester Leadership Award, our most prestigious extra-curricular accolade, which demonstrates that they have successfully completed our three Ethical Grand Challenges, participated in a set amount of verified student volunteering, and stepped up to recognised leadership roles within the University.
Our award-winning Careers Service provides all students with skills development workshops, mentoring and volunteering opportunities. The Careers Service maintains contact with graduates for two years after they have left us, ensuring a broad pool of talent for you to choose from.
Many of our academic courses also offer industrial placements, which enable our graduates to quickly find their feet in the world of employment.
Placements, internships and recruitment services
Our dedicated Careers and Employability Service runs many innovative projects and services that you can use to reach, meet and recruit some of the country's finest graduate talent:
- Advertise vacancies free of charge through our CareerConnect platform.
- Get advice on your student and graduate recruitment strategy.
- Meet students on campus and make academic contacts.
- Attend one of our popular on-campus careers fairs.
- Run workshops and events for groups.
- Mentor an individual student.
- Make appointments for part-time/casual work, short-term projects or longer industrial placements.
Recruitment case study
Rolls Royce recruited Manchester talent by offering student and graduate placements, and engaging with these prospective employees on campus.
To find out more, download our recruiting talent case study (PDF document, 796KB).