Much of our pioneering research and life-changing scholarships rely on generous support from our alumni. We appreciate every donation, big or small, but by making a major gift you can make an even bigger impact on our research and students.
Hear President and Vice Chancellor Dame Nancy Rothwell on why philanthropy is so important to The University of Manchester.
Why choose The University of Manchester?
Every day, our researchers are working to find better solutions to the key environmental and social challenges facing the world. What’s more, we aim to ensure that talented students have the opportunity to study with us, regardless of their financial background.
Our work has a huge impact on the global stage, but with your help we could do even more. Here are just a few examples of what we have achieved:
- We offer students from disadvantaged backgrounds one of the most generous support packages in the UK to help them attend university
- Thanks to our world-leading expertise in disasters, we led the global humanitarian response to the ebola crisis
- Our work in stillbirth has reduced stillbirth rates by 22% in Manchester over the past four years.
- Our research led to Cadbury’s switching its supply to fairtrade cocoa
- Since discovering graphene, we are working towards using this wonder material to provide clean water to the world’s poor.
Find out more about leaving a gift to us in your Will.
See some of the ways that major gifts have transformed our work.