Manchester Bioethics and Health Law Conference 2023: Current issues and future possibilities
This free-to-attend conference will take place on Wednesday, 11 January 2023 at The University of Manchester.
We are delighted to welcome Professor Anne-Maree Farrell (The University of Edinburgh) and Professor Heather Widdows (University of Warwick) as our keynote speakers.
There will also be six panels on a range of themes and topics in bioethics and health law, each involving a number of experts from across the UK:
- Methodologies in ethico-social-legal studies – marrying socio-legal research and empirical bioethics;
- Gatekeepers and intermediaries: Moral dilemmas and unforeseen challenges in online data sharing about donor conception;
- Animal inventions in medical research: Science, ethics and law;
- Assigning sex and affirming gender: Reflections on the role of parents in decision-making;
- Reproductive technologies;
- Normative issues in the care of the elderly in a pandemic context.
Full programme and speaker details will be provided to all delegates ahead of the conference:
Sign up to attend the conference for free:
The organisers wish to thank the Centre for Social Ethics and Policy (CSEP) and the Department of Law at The University of Manchester for supporting and sponsoring this event