MCI and Creative Manchester return for fourth UK-China Photography Competition
The competition is this year themed around “The Feeling of Home”.
The competition, which promotes mutual understanding in UK-China relations through the celebration of our common humanity, is this year themed around “The Feeling of Home”.
In the competition, entrants are asked to use a smartphone camera to capture a moment which evokes a feeling associated with home - whatever that might mean to you. This could be a particular person, an emotion or a specific place; anything which conjures that unique, homely feeling. Anyone may participate in the competition providing their photo was taken in either the UK or China over the past 12 months.
The competition launches on Tuesday, 1 March 2022 and closes on Tuesday, 10 May, 2022, with the top 30 photos exhibited at a gallery space in Manchester for one month. While the UK and China winners will be announced at the opening ceremony, there will also be an ongoing vote for the People’s Choice Award during the exhibition, with the winning entry announced at the end of the exhibition.
- Best UK Submission: £1,000
- Best China Submission: £1,000 [¥8,888]
- People’s Choice: £500 [¥4,500]
The judging panel includes:
- Michael Wood, Historian and Broadcaster and Professor of Public History, The University of Manchester;
- Wenny Teo, Lecturer in Modern and Contemporary Art, The Courtauld Institute.
- Rupert Cox, Professor of Social Anthropology at The University of Manchester;
- Hongwei Bao, Associate Professor of Media Studies, The University of Nottingham
Entrants should submit their photographs by email to email@example.com, with the subject line “The Feeling of Home”.
To find out more about the competition please visit the photography competition web page.
View the Chinese version of this article.