For the highest standard of teaching and research to take place at The University of Manchester, we require Professional Services that operate at a level to match.
- Compliance and Risk Office
- Governance Office
- Directorate of Estates and Facilities
- Directorate of Finance
- Change Management and Process Improvement
- Directorate of Human Resources
- Directorate of IT Services
- Directorate of Research and Business Engagement Support Services
- Directorate for the Student Experience
- Division of Communications and Marketing
- Division of Development and Alumni Relations
- Office of the General Counsel
- Office of the President and Vice-Chancellor
- Office of Social Responsibility
- Planning Support Office
Each of these report to the Registrar, Secretary and Chief Operating Officer, who in turn reports to the President of the University.
There is also a Director of Faculty Operations in each Faculty, overseeing support for these areas.
The University Library
Alongside traditional library services, University Librarian Jan Wilkinson is responsible for our state-of-the-art Alan Gilbert Learning Commons and one of the world's finest collections of rare books and manuscripts at our John Rylands Library.