Apply for accommodation
Find out everything you need to know about applying for accommodation at Manchester, including how and when to apply.
Online application form
Complete the online application form for halls accommodation – please note first-time users will need to register first so that you can create a password.
Check my accommodation
If you have completed the online application form, then you can log in to your account by clicking the button below to see if you have received an offer.
Use our accommodation search tool to find the perfect room for you.
Find a room
Before you apply
We guarantee an offer of a room in University halls of residence to all undergraduate, international postgraduate and visiting or exchange students who meet certain criteria.
There are a few essential things to do before starting your application, you’ll need to:
- Read our accommodation guarantee to check if you’re eligible.
- Read our Terms and Conditions of Residence (Word, 822KB) in University of Manchester accommodation to make sure you understand and are happy to accept them.
- If you’re under 18, email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can find you suitable accommodation. You can also read more in our Under-18s Policy (Word, 317KB).
- If you'd like to live in lifestyle-moderated accommodation (for students who’d prefer limited alcohol, parties and noise), email email@example.com, and we’ll try to place you with like-minded students.
How to apply
- As soon as you have an offer to study at The University of Manchester, you can apply for accommodation using our online application form.
- Register for an account using your University ID number (found on your offer letter) and a valid email address.
- Follow the steps and select your five preferences of halls.
- If you have physical or mental health needs that impact your accommodation requirements, you’ll be able to indicate this on the initial application form. We’ll then send you a link to a separate form to complete to provide more information about the support you need. If you’d like to discuss your options, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit your application before 31 August (7 August for exchange or visiting students) of the year you intend to start your course.
- Use your login to revisit and check your application status.
You have until 14 August 2023 to make changes to your hall selection and can do so by logging into the accommodation application portal and re-selecting – you don’t need to create a new application.
If you're a registered University of Manchester student and wish to live in University accommodation for the 2023/24 academic year, the deadline is Wednesday, 15 February 2023. If you applied after the deadline, we'll only be able to consider it in September 2023 after new students have been allocated accommodation.