Apply for accommodation
Find out everything you need to know about applying for accommodation at Manchester, including how and when to apply.
Use our accommodation search tool to find the perfect room for you.
Before you apply
We guarantee an offer of a room in University halls of residence to all undergraduate, international postgraduate and visiting or exchange students who meet certain criteria.
There are a few essential things to do before starting your application, you’ll need to:
- Read our accommodation guarantee to check if you’re eligible.
- Read our Terms and Conditions of Residence (Word, 822KB) in University of Manchester accommodation to make sure you understand and are happy to accept them.
- If you’re under 18, email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can find you suitable accommodation. You can also read more in our Under-18s Policy (Word, 317KB).
- If you'd like to live in lifestyle-moderated accommodation (for students who’d prefer limited alcohol, parties and noise), email email@example.com, and we’ll try to place you with like-minded students.
How to apply
- As soon as you have an offer to study at The University of Manchester, you can apply for accommodation using our online application form.
- Register for an account using your University ID number (found on your offer letter) and a valid email address.
- Follow the steps and select your five preferences of halls.
- If you have a disability, make sure you include a reference to this in your application and you’ll then be sent a separate form, which'll help us to find the right accommodation for your needs. If you’d like to discuss your options, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit your application before 31 August (31 July for exchange or visiting students) of the year you intend to start your course.
If you need to make changes to your hall selection, you can do this by logging into your online application form and re-selecting – you don’t need to create a new application.
If you're a registered University of Manchester student and wish to live in University accommodation for the 2022/23 academic year, the deadline was 27 February 2022. If you applied after the deadline, we'll only be able to consider it after new students have been allocated accommodation.