Processing your application
Find out what happens after you submit your application for a room in University halls of residence.
- If you have an unconditional offer for a course, we’ll email you from June onwards in your year of entry to let you know which hall you’ll be living in.
- If you have a conditional offer for a course, we’ll assign you a room when this becomes unconditional. For undergraduates, we receive this automatically, but if you’re a new postgraduate student, you’ll need to email us when your place becomes unconditional.
- We still accept applications for students who don’t meet the guarantee criteria; these will be considered once all guaranteed students have their offers.
Sometimes, halls or rooms listed on the application form may change and become unavailable. If this happens, we’ll let you know via email.
You can also read our Application and Allocation Statement (Word document, 447KB) for a full breakdown of how we allocate rooms.
If you're a current University of Manchester student and want to apply to halls for 2023/24, you’ll need to submit your application by Wednesday, 15 February 2023.
We’re not able to allocate rooms for students that:
- have any outstanding debts with the University;
- have previously breached any University terms and conditions through their behaviour.