MSc Advanced Electrical Power Systems Engineering
Year of entry: 2024
- View tabs
- View full page
Course unit details:
|FHEQ level 7 – master's degree or fourth year of an integrated master's degree
|Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
|Available as a free choice unit?
The student will carry out the research programme outlined in the Project Specification and will write and submit a Dissertation on the subject of this research.
The course unit unit aims to:
The dissertation should demonstrate an appropriate level of professional competence in the practical development of a suitable application that meets a perceived need, specification or the realisation of a research project.
Students will be able to:
Knowledge and understanding
- Describe and evaluate the methodology used
- Demonstrate the application of the appropriate disciplinary skills
- Describe and evaluate the solution and its theoretical and practical significance
- Analyse a problem and the relevant literature or practical context
- Design an appropriate solution
- Appraise critically the project, indicating the rationale for the proposed solution, lessons learnt during the course of the project, and evaluation of the solution and methodology used
- Use software, simulation and CAD tools as appropriate in the construction of the problem solution
- Use programming and software tools relevant to the system operation
- Use appropriate test and measurement equipment to acquire data related to the problem
- Use hardware necessary to construct and integrate the system
- Use software tools as appropriate to record and analyse data
Transferable skills and personal qualities
- Demonstrate creativity and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate academic writing (including use of references), project management, risk analysis, project documentation
Dissertation written in line with Dissertation Project Handbook, section 4.2 Dissertation Format and Presentation, which forms 100% of the unit assessment.
|Independent study hours