MSc Neuroimaging for Clinical & Cognitive Neuroscience / Application and selection
Year of entry: 2020
- View tabs
- View full page
How to apply
Please apply via our online application form . See the application and selection section for details of the supporting documents we require.
We recommend that you apply as early as possible. We reserve the right to close applications if the course is full.
Advice to applicants
We require the following documents before we can consider your application.
- Transcript of your studies to date, translated into English.
- Two academic references on letter headed paper. These can be scanned and uploaded when you apply or emailed to email@example.com . We do not request references on an applicant's behalf and it is your responsibility to ensure your referees know how to provide your reference to us.
- Degree certificate (if you have already graduated).
- Personal statement or statement of purpose (not over 300 words) detailing your reasons for applying and how this course fits in with your long term career plans.
- Curriculum vitae (CV).
If English is not your first language, we also require proof of your English language ability. If you have already taken an English language qualification, please include your certificate with your application. We may be willing to consider your application without this document, but if we choose to make you an offer, the conditions will include IELTS (or equivalent qualification).
How your application is considered
Each student will be assessed on the criteria by the admissions panel. Once the course is full, all suitable candidates will be added to a waiting list. Applicants will be rated on the following criteria:
- an honours degree (minimum Upper Second) or overseas equivalent in a science subject, for example psychology, neuroscience, physics, maths, engineering, medicine, or computer science. Each case will be judged on an individual basis;
- personal statement;
- academic references.
We consider your full academic history including which undergraduate course units you have taken and the marks obtained. When application numbers are high, even if you have met our minimum entry requirements, we will take into account your marks in relevant undergraduate course units in our final decision making.
Overseas (non-UK) applicants
Self-funded international applicants for this course will be required to pay a deposit of £1,000 towards their tuition fees before a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) is issued. This deposit will only be refunded if immigration permission is refused. We will notify you about how and when to make this payment.
Please upload a copy of your current valid passport with your application showing the photograph page with your application. For CAS purposes, this must show your full name, date of birth, nationality, passport number and the date the passport is valid until, which must be later than the date of your planned arrival in the UK, and the start date of your course.
You cannot use your CAS to apply for a visa more than three months before the start date of your course.
Your CAS number is only valid for one Tier 4 application.
If you applied in the previous year and your application was not successful you may apply again.
Your application will be considered against the standard course entry criteria for that year of entry. In your new application you should demonstrate how your application has improved. We may draw upon all information from your previous applications or any previous registrations at the University as a student when assessing your suitability for your chosen course.