PGCE Secondary School Direct (Geography) / Entry requirements
Year of entry: 2020
Academic entry qualification overview
- Minimum 2:2 honours degree in geography or a related subject (eg environmental management or environmental sciences). A minimum of 50% of your degree content should be geography related.
- 104 UCAS points including a B in Geography or a related subject at A-level (or equivalent qualifications), excluding AS-levels, General Studies, and counting your three best A-level grades.
- Minimum grade C or 4 at GCSE (or equivalent) in English language and mathematics.
In addition to a grade of C at GCSE in English Language, applicants whose first language is not English are required to meet the following language requirements:
- IELTS 6.5 overall, 6.5 in writing, no sub-section below 6.0, or
- TOEFL iBT overall score of 90 with a minimum score of 22 in writing and 20 in the other sub-sections, or
- Pearson PTE overall score of 62 with a minimum score of 62 in writing and 55 in the other sub-sections, or
- Cambridge CAE grade A or Cambridge CPE grade C (please note that the Cambridge First Certificate in English is not acceptable).