PGCE Secondary School Direct (Geography) / Entry requirements
Year of entry: 2020
- View tabs
- View full page
Academic entry qualification overview
- Minimum 2:2 honours degree in geography or a related subject (eg environmental management or environmental sciences). A minimum of 50% of your degree content should be geography related.
- 104 UCAS points including a B in Geography or a related subject at A-level (or equivalent qualifications), excluding AS-levels, General Studies, and counting your three best A-level grades.
- Minimum grade C or 4 at GCSE (or equivalent) in English language and mathematics.
In addition to a grade of C at GCSE in English Language, applicants whose first language is not English are required to meet the following language requirements:
- IELTS 6.5 overall, 6.5 in writing, no sub-section below 6.0, or
- TOEFL iBT overall score of 90 with a minimum score of 22 in writing and 20 in the other sub-sections, or
- Pearson PTE overall score of 62 with a minimum score of 62 in writing and 55 in the other sub-sections, or
- Cambridge CAE grade A or Cambridge CPE grade C (please note that the Cambridge First Certificate in English is not acceptable).
English language test validity
Some English Language test results are only valid for two years. Your English Language test report must be valid on the start date of the course.
Other international entry requirements
We accept a range of qualifications from different countries. For these and general requirements including English language see entry requirements from your country .