MSc Cardiovascular Health and Disease (Research)
Year of entry: 2024
- View tabs
- View full page
Course unit details:
|Unit level||FHEQ level 7 – master's degree or fourth year of an integrated master's degree|
|Teaching period(s)||Full year|
|Available as a free choice unit?||No|
The Tutorial unit will provide the students with the skills to communicate complex ideas both verbally and in writing. It is a 15 credit unit that forms part of the taught element of the programme.
The unit aims to:
- train students in appreciating current issues and controversies in Biomedical and Human Sciences in terms of data assimilation; critical analysis and debate; the principles of different experimental techniques; appreciating non-laboratory approaches to research; academic writing; oral presentation of research data; transfer of knowledge to others; interpersonal skills; time management; organizational skills; self and peer-assessment.
- provide students with life-long critical appraisal skills that they will be able to apply to any research evidence that comes before them in the future.
A total of 3 summative assessments (weighting 33.3% each) which may include a combination of written and oral assessments.
- Written assignments (may include poster presentation)
- Participation in group discussion
- Individual/group oral presentations (can include oral presentation of poster) with tutor
Written feedback provided, via Blackboard and marksheets.
|Independent study hours|
|Luigi Venetucci||Unit coordinator|
|Michelle Desforges||Unit coordinator|
|Wei Liu||Unit coordinator|
|Jamie Honeychurch||Unit coordinator|