PGCE Secondary School Direct (German) / Entry requirements
Year of entry: 2021
- View tabs
- View full page
Academic entry qualification overview
- Minimum 2:2 honours degree. If you are not a native German speaker, approximately 50% or more of your degree content should have focused on German.
- A strong academic record at A-level (or equivalent), including French, German or Spanish.
- You should also be able to speak a second language (French or Spanish). If this is at beginners' level, you would be required to develop it through a funded Subject Knowledge Enhancement course, available at various institutions.
- Minimum grade C or 4 at GCSE (or equivalent) in English language and mathematics.
In addition to a grade of C at GCSE in English Language, applicants whose first language is not English are required to meet the following language requirements:
- IELTS 6.5 overall, 6.5 in writing, no sub-section below 6.0, or
- TOEFL iBT overall score of 90 with a minimum score of 22 in writing and 20 in the other sub-sections, or
- Pearson PTE overall score of 62 with a minimum score of 62 in writing and 55 in the other sub-sections, or
- Cambridge CAE grade A or Cambridge CPE grade C (please note that the Cambridge First Certificate in English is not acceptable).
English language test validity
Some English Language test results are only valid for two years.
Your English Language test report must be valid on the start date of the course.