University of Manchester President's Doctoral Scholar Awards (PDS Awards) 2020-21
Type of award
Alliance Manchester Business School
In addition to standard awards which include tuition fee and stipend, successful PDS Award candidates are entitled to an additional £1,000 p.a. enhancement to their funded stipend/living allowance.
They will also have the opportunity to:
- Attend a series of exclusive events where you'll have the opportunity to meet the University of Manchester President and Vice Chancellor, interact closely with our academic community and network with other PDS Award students
- Benefit from international research leadership under distinguished scholars
- Become a PDS Award ambassador for the University
- Receive a President's Doctoral Scholar medal
- Benefit from our extensive postgraduate researcher development and training
Continuation of award
Continuation of the award is subject to satisfactory progress.
Level(s) of study
This funding is available to students undertaking the following types of study:
- Postgraduate research
Allowed study options
This funding is available to students undertaking the following modes of study:
This funding is available to students undertaking study in:
- Accounting and Finance
- Business and Management
- Science, Technology and Innovation Policy
Applicants must have obtained a First or Upper Second Class Honours degree (or equivalent) and hold (or expect to obtain) a Masters-level qualification with Distinction. They should have a track-record of research engagement (including relevant research experience and dissemination) and/or potential for outstanding research, as demonstrated in the quality of the proposal submitted as part of the application.
English Language requirements (where required) are IELTS 7.0 or TOEFL 623 (100 internet based test).
This funding is available to all nationalities.
Other eligibility criteria
Applicants must hold an offer of study at The University of Manchester before applying for this funding.
To be considered for one of these awards, candidates should submit a PhD application and indicate that they wish to be considered for this funding opportunity.
The scholarship application deadline is 17 January 2020.
Only candidates who hold an offer of admission for the PhD programme for September 2020 entry can be considered for this studentship.
Contact details for enquiries
- Doctoral Programmes Office
Tel: +44 (0)161 275 1200