Department of Physics and Astronomy STFC Studentship
Type of award
Department of Physics & Astronomy
- Tuition fees at home or international rate
- Annual maintenance stipend equivalent to UKRI minimum stipend
Continuation of award
Continuation of the award is subject to satisfactory progress.
Level(s) of study
This funding is available to students undertaking the following types of study:
- Postgraduate research
Allowed study options
This funding is available to students undertaking the following modes of study:
This funding is available to students undertaking study in:
- Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Physics and Astronomy
To be considered for this studentship you must:
- Hold (or be about to obtain) a minimum of a 2i class UK Masters honours degree, or international equivalent, or a First Class Bachelor degree with an additional Masters degree, or international equivalent.
- Applicants with a First Class Bachelor degree, or international equivalent, with proven research experience may also be considered.
This funding is available to all nationalities.
Apply for a place on the PhD programme of your choice.
Specify in your application form that you want to be considered for the ‘STFC Funding’ (funding section).
For Astronomy, once all of your supporting documents have been received prior to the application deadline, your application will be reviewed by supervisors and they will nominate the top three applications for the panel chair to shortlist for interview.
For Physics, once all of your supporting documents have been received prior to the application deadline, the panel chair will review all applications and the panel will support them with shortlisting for interview.
Contact details for enquiries
- Department of Physics and Astronomy
Tel: +44 (0) 161 543 4026