After you’ve been offered a place
Congratulations, you’re coming to Manchester. We’re looking forward to welcoming you in September.
What happens next?
You should receive your offer letter via email after submitting your clearing application on or after Friday, 18 August.
What do I need to do?
- Read the terms and conditions of your offer (PDF document, 747KB).
- Complete your Right to Study check, which will be sent to you via email.
- Disclose relevant unspent criminal convictions. The Student Admissions team will contact you directly by email regarding your criminal conviction declaration.
- Look online for University accommodation. The deadline for securing a place is Thursday, 31 August 2023.
- Let the Student Loan Company know you’re coming to The University of Manchester and which course you’ll be studying to ensure your tuition fees and maintenance loan are covered. Visit our student finance information to find out more.
After accepting your offer
You will receive e-newsletters in August and September with information about joining our student community, welcome events, accommodation and helpful tips about your studies.
What else do I need to know?
Everything you need to know about becoming a student, preparing to study and starting your journey at Manchester will be on our Welcome website from the end of July.
You may also want to look at the Students' Union website and sign up for their Welcome announcements.
What if I change my mind?
We understand that you may change your mind. If you no longer wish to accept your place at the University, you can select 'decline my place' on UCAS to release yourself.
You can also send an email to the named contact for your course titled 'Cancellation' and provide your UCAS ID or your University student number and your full name.