The University of Manchester's Discover Days are informative, interactive events for aspiring undergraduate students who are interested in certain subject areas, but may not know exactly which course to choose. They are ideal for Year 12 students, or for other people applying to university through UCAS and considering Manchester.
Discover Days give you real, in-depth insight into the unique features and opportunities of degree courses that you might study at Manchester. You’ll gain first-hand experience of university study, learn more about Manchester student life and be able to make informed decisions about your university choices before the UCAS application process starts.
Who should sign up for a Discover Day?
These events will be of most benefit to learners who are seriously considering pursuing the subjects covered at degree level and who want more in-depth knowledge about what we offer. Discover Days are for learners in Year 12, or others who are in the process of applying to university through UCAS and think they might want to apply for a course at Manchester.
Our 2020/21 events will not be taking place. Prospective students may wish to view the stream on-demand subject talks from our undergraduate virtual open day that was held on Saturday 3 October 2020. We also have a number of online resources available for teachers and students for you to access.
- View all our current undergraduate courses.
- Chat via the Unibuddy platform with a student ambassador from the subject area you’re interested in.
- Join the Discover Days mailing list to hear when the next events are announced and about any other relevant subject specific sessions and resources that are available.
Programme of events
Each day follows a similar format, with some variations depending on the nature of the subjects covered. Events will include:
- overview of relevant degree course(s);
- career prospects talk;
- mini-lecture on the subject;
- choice of interactive workshops, delivered by academic staff or postgraduate students;
- possible lab work (for certain science subjects only);
- campus and departmental tour led by current students;
- time for you to put your queries to Manchester staff and current students.
To stay up-to-date about Discover Days in general, please join the relevant Discover Days mailing list, depending on whether you are a teacher or a student.
For any other enquiries regarding Discover Days, please email email@example.com.