Manchester Access Programme
A skills-based programme to help prepare local Year 12 students for university.
Applications for MAP 2024 will open in November 2023.
We’re committed to sharing knowledge and wisdom for the benefit of society, creating opportunities and transforming lives.
At the heart of this is making sure that talented, capable students can benefit from a university education, regardless of their background and identity.
What is the Manchester Access Programme?
The Manchester Access Programme (MAP) is the University’s central widening participation scheme for local Year 12 students in Greater Manchester.
We aim to help students who meet specific criteria gain a place at The University of Manchester, or another research-intensive university, through our online and on-campus events, workshops, and an academic assignment.
* Students who complete MAP are eligible for a reduced offer of up to two grades, except for foundation year courses and Medicine or Denistry, where must be on the relevant strand.
If you are a Year 12 student and thinking about what to do after school or college, then MAP could be just for you.
We help to:
- support you in your university application;
- improve skills that will help you to succeed in your current studies and at university, including research skills, referencing academic writing, and communication skills;
- prepare you for the different types of teaching and learning at university;
- provide information about the different courses available;
- show you what it's like to be a university student.
Find out more
Find out what you need to join the Manchester Access Programme.
How to apply
Check if you're eligible for the programme, then find out how to apply.