UGCert Egyptology / Overview
Year of entry: 2021
- View tabs
- View full page
- Degree awarded
- Undergraduate Certificate (UGCert)
- 3 years
- How to apply
- Gain a general knowledge of the history and civilisation of ancient Egypt from circa 3100 BCE to the Arab Conquest.
- Find out how to use source materials in libraries and museum collections and translate simple hieroglyphic texts.
- Learn from internationally-recognised scholars Dr Joyce Tyldesley and Dr Nicky Nielsen, who lead the programme.
- All course content is delivered online, so you can study from anywhere in the world.
Tuition fees for home students commencing their studies in September 2021 will be £2,050 per annum. Tuition fees for international students will be £2,050 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.
Policy on additional costs
All students should normally be able to complete their programme of study without incurring additional study costs over and above the tuition fee for that programme. Any unavoidable additional compulsory costs totalling more than 1% of the annual home undergraduate fee per annum, regardless of whether the programme in question is undergraduate or postgraduate taught, will be made clear to you at the point of application. Further information can be found in the University's Policy on additional costs incurred by students on undergraduate and postgraduate taught programmes (PDF document, 91KB).
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.
Regulated by the Office for Students
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Office for Students (OfS). The OfS aims to help students succeed in Higher Education by ensuring they receive excellent information and guidance, get high quality education that prepares them for the future and by protecting their interests. More information can be found at the OfS website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.