Dignity at Work and Study
Our Dignity at Work and Study Policy helps us to foster an environment in which there is no tolerance of discriminatory, bullying or harassing behaviour from any member of staff or any student.
- Dignity at Work and Study Policy (PDF document, 110KB)
- Dignity at Work and Study Procedures for Staff (PDF document, 146KB)
- Dignity at Work and Study Procedures for Students (PDF document, 127KB)
Our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Team offers a range of training resources to staff, including online training in diversity issues undertaken by all staff.
The team is constantly refreshing and developing new relevant training initiatives in conjunction with our Staff Learning and Development Unit.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Forum
Our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Forum was initiated by our Associate Vice President for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, and ensures that any equality and diversity issues are addressed at a senior level.
We are the only Russell Group university with a senior member of staff directly responsible for equality, diversity and inclusion, and feel it is vital to have a forum where all interested parties can have a say.
The Forum meets twice each year and is attended by the following groups and individuals:
- President and Vice Chancellor
- Registrar and Secretary
- Associate Vice-President for Equality and Diversity
- Director of Human Resources
- Director of Estates
- Head of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Head of Disability Advisory and Support Service
- Head of Student Support Services
- Chair of Black and Ethnic Minority Staff Network Group
- Chair of Disabled Staff Network Group
- Chair of Interfaith Forum Staff Network Group
- Chair of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Staff Network Group
- Students' Union Women's Officer
- Students' Union Welfare Officer
- Unison Rep
- University and College Union Equal Opportunities Rep
Annual Performance Reviews (APRs)
Five main APRs take place in autumn each year to assess the performance of our primary activity centres: our three Faculties and our Professional Services (PS). Meetings include a detailed analysis and evaluation of the operational performance of each Faculty, School, directorate, division and office within our University, and the progress they are making towards the goals in our vision and strategic plan.
Data gathered by our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Team for this process includes the staff profile, looking at the composition of our workforce by gender, ethnicity, age and disability. All data and findings are reported back to our Faculties and PS so they can take update their individual action plans accordingly.
- Find out more about our APR process.