We produce a number of publications at The University of Manchester that may be useful for teachers and careers advisers at schools and colleges.
Publications for prospective students
- Undergraduate Prospectus
- Student Finance (PDF document, 321KB)
- Adults Returning to Education Guide (PDF document, 8.5MB)
Publications for schools and colleges
- Schools and Colleges Liaison Guide (PDF document, 9.2MB) *Please note that this Guide was created before the COVID-19 pandemic and might not reflect our current offer.
Widening participation publications
The University is firmly committed to being an open and accessible university that pro-actively seeks out students capable of benefiting from higher education.
The University’s strategy for widening participation is set out in our Access and Participation Plan with the Office for Students (OfS) and is overseen by the University’s Access and Participation Strategy Group. The Access and Participation Plan covers the whole of the student lifecycle, from increasing the entry rates of widening participation students into higher education to improving retention and attainment rates while at university and supporting progression into graduate-level employment or further study.
- Access and Participation Plan (2019/20) (PDF document, 920KB) *For earlier access agreements, please visit our archive.
You can read more about our work to widen participation across all stages of the student life cycle in our Widening Participation Annual Report:
- Widening Participation Annual Report (PDF document, 1MB)
- Widening participation privacy notice (PDF document, 110KB)