The Manchester 10/10 programme
Offering bespoke academic and career support for students, along with a range of networking opportunities.
50 students in the Faculty of Humanities will be offered access to a series of events, workshops and peer support designed to fast-track their progression throughout their time at the University.
Who is eligible for the programme?
To join the programme students will need to:
- be of Black African, Black African-Caribbean, Mixed-race Black African or Mixed-race Black African-Caribbean background;
- be a first-year student at The University of Manchester;
- be studying for a humanities degree.
Why should I join the programme?
Students on the programme will benefit from:
- the opportunity to take part in a series of activities hosted by The Black Excellence Network*, including mentoring schemes;
- access to the Library Peer Network (an online collaboration space providing regular opportunities for you to get support with assignments, volunteering opportunities and more);
- access to a full-time online Manchester 10/10 staff member;
- targeted events for career progression from the Careers Service, including support for applications and careers coaching;
- priority access to select paid part-time University roles.
*The Black Excellence Network promotes excellence in the Black community by breaking down social barriers.
How do I apply?
Students will be selected and contacted by a Manchester 10/10 member of staff.