The Manchester 10/10 programme
Manchester 10/10 is a programme that offers bespoke academic and career support for students, along with a range of networking opportunities.
50 students in the Faculty of Humanities will be offered access to a series of events, workshops and peer support designed to fast-track their progression throughout their time at the University.
Am I eligible for the programme?
You're eligible to join the Manchester 10/10 programme if:
- you're a student of a Black African, Black African-Caribbean, Mixed-race Black African or Mixed-race Black African-Caribbean background;
- you'll be a first-year student at The University of Manchester;
- you'll be studying a humanities degree starting in September 2021.
Why should I be a part of Manchester 10/10?
As part of the Manchester 10/10 programme you'll have:
- the opportunity to take part in a series of activities hosted by The Black Excellence Network*, including mentoring schemes;
- access to the Library Peer Network (an online collaboration space providing regular opportunities for you to get support with assignments, volunteering opportunities and more);
- access to a full-time online Manchester 10/10 staff member;
- access to targeted events for career progression from The Careers Service, including support for applications and careers coaching;
- priority access to select paid part-time University roles.
*The Black Excellence Network promotes excellence in the Black community through breaking down the social barriers faced by Black students.
What are the key dates?
- Cohort selection: September 2021.
- Manchester 10/10 Welcome event: October 2021.
- Future events will be communicated to shortlisted students.
How do I apply?
Students will be selected and contacted by a Manchester 10/10 member of staff.