Our technicians are highly skilled experts in their field and make key contributions in our research teams as well as supporting our teaching.
Our Technical Services team includes: Apprentice Technicians, Assistant Technicians, Technicians, Senior Technicians, Technical Managers, Experimental Officers and Senior Experimental Officers.
Technical Services provide integral support across the entire University for teaching (undergraduate and postgraduate), research, infrastructure, core facilities, workshops and laboratories.
We have 876 Technicians in the University who operate across our three faculties of Biology, Medicine and Health, Humanities, and Science and Engineering. They work in more than 50 buildings including five University teaching hospitals.
We are a founding signatory of the Technician Commitment – a national initiative led by the Science Council.
Technicians operate in the below fields.
Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health
School of Biological Sciences:
- Cell Matrix Biology and Regenerative Medicine
- Evolution and Genomic Sciences
- Infection, Immunity and Respiratory Medicine
- Molecular and Cellular Function
- Musculoskeletal and Dermatological Sciences
- Neuroscience and Experimental Psychology
School of Medical Sciences:
- Cancer Sciences
- Cardiovascular Sciences
- Developmental Biology and Medicine
- Diabetes, Endocrinology and Gastroenterology
- Medical Education
School of Health Sciences:
- Human Communication
- Development and Hearing
- Informatics, Imaging and Data Sciences
- Nursing, Midwifery and Social Work
- Pharmacy and Optometry
- Population Health, Health Services Research and Primary Care
- Psychology and Mental Health
Biological Services Facility
Faculty of Humanities
School of Arts, Languages and Cultures
School of Environment, Education and Development
Faculty of Science and Engineering
School of Engineering
- Department of Chemical Engineering and Analytical Science
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Department of Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering
School of Natural Sciences
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Department of Materials
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics and Astronomy