Sport and fitness
There are so many benefits to playing university sports: staying fit and healthy, giving your brain cells valuable downtime from study and developing your team skills.
Our clubs, fitness programmes and classes offer you the perfect chance to compete in your favourite sport – or try something new.
We offer you:
- fantastic facilities, with discounted rates for students, including three fitness suites, two 50-metre swimming pools, and loads of indoor courts and outdoor pitches;
- more than 40 Athletic Union sports clubs to join;
- the widest range of activities for beginners;
- scholarships for performance athletes up to the value of £3,500;
- a whole city of sport, including Sportcity, home to the National Cycling Centre, a regional tennis centre, a national squash centre and a regional athletics centre.