Our Careers Service offers you everything you need to take control of your future and give yourself the best chance of securing your ideal job after graduation.
Top employers target Manchester graduates, so you’ll have the chance to make important connections and find out about career opportunities in your chosen field.
Each year our careers fairs, workshops and presentations attract hundreds of exhibitors and thousands of visitors; no other university works harder to get your career off the ground.
What you can expect from us
- Help with finding part-time jobs, placements and internships that will make you stand out from the crowd.
- Careers advice starting from the day you arrive, with continued support for up to two years after you graduate, to help you find a job, pursue further study or set up your own business.
- Practical skills-development courses, workshops and an interactive AI tool to boost your CV.
- A comprehensive careers website, jobs platform and events listing site.
- The latest careers news via our blog, Instagram account and other social media channels.
- Interactive, online tools to help you explore options to help you decide what steps to take next.
- Opportunities to develop your skills by volunteering in the local community, fulfilling ambassador roles and contributing to student societies.
Support after graduation
You can continue to use our Careers Service for two years after graduation. If you don’t have a job lined up, or would like more experience in a particular sector, you could also apply for the Manchester Graduate Talent (MGT) programme.
The programme offers paid graduate-level positions in Greater Manchester, allowing you to develop your career in the UK's most liveable city. Salaries may vary, with the average in 2021 standing at £19,000 per annum pro rata.