The University of Manchester’s accommodation guarantee for international students sets us apart from other universities.
We guarantee a place in a University-owned (or managed) hall of residence to every international student for the full duration of their studies, provided they:
- are coming to the University alone;
- pay the overseas rate of tuition fees;
- have submitted an application for accommodation by 31 August;
- apply for accommodation in subsequent years for the full academic session, and by the February deadline;
- have met the conditions of their offer if they are an undergraduate student, or have firmly accepted a place at the University by 31 August if they are a postgraduate student.
If you fall outside of these conditions, don’t worry; the Accommodation Office is likely to be able to find you a room, and if not, our staff will advise you on other options.
Study abroad students and exchange students
Study abroad and exchange (SAE) students who come to the University for a year as part of their degree are guaranteed a room in University-owned accommodation for their time in Manchester, provided they:
- are coming to University alone;
- have met the conditions of their offer;
- are studying for the full academic session (ie September to June, or September to September);
- have submitted an application for accommodation by 31 July.