MSc Marketing / Course details
Year of entry: 2024
- View tabs
- View full page
Course unit details:
|Unit level||FHEQ level 7 – master's degree or fourth year of an integrated master's degree|
|Teaching period(s)||Semester 2|
|Available as a free choice unit?||No|
1. Marketing in a global perspective.
2. Assessing global marketing opportunities and problems.
3. Entering global markets.
4. Segmenting, targeting and positioning in global markets.
5. Creating global product and service offerings and value-added solutions.
6. Extracting value from global operations.
7. Global supply chains and distribution networks.
8. Global branding and marketing communication.
9. Global marketing ethics and corporate social responsibility
All compulsory units from MSc CCRM, MSc Marketing and MSc International Business & Management.
To provide a comprehensive introduction to International (Global) Marketing as an important body of knowledge and transferable skills, emphasising both academic substance and real-life practicality.
On completion of the course, students are expected to be able to:
- use critical analysis skills to identify sources of problems encountered by international marketers;
- design marketing research process and evaluate information sources (e.g. research literature, secondary data, business reports, etc.) for assisting in international business decision making;
- apply principles of cross-cultural communication and negotiation for effective marketing communication and negotiation in a multi-cultural market environment.
- Identify and apply plausible principles and state-of-the-art knowledge from international marketing to develop well-informed alternative solutions to problems that challenge international marketers.
Teaching and learning methods
Formal Contact Methods
Minimum Contact hours: 20
Delivery format: Lecture and Workshops
One critical analysis assignment (group work: presentation and report) (40%),
Closed-book exam (60%)
Written, verbally in class and via Blackboard.
Schlegelmilch, Bodo B. (2016), Global Marketing Strategy: An Executive Digest, Springer, Switzerland, ISBN 978-3-319-26279-6 (eBook). Online access available from the library.
Hollensen, Svend (2017), Global Marketing, 7th edition, Paperback. Pearson Prentice Education Ltd.. ISBN1292100141; ISBN9781292100142. Online access available from the library.
Keegan, Warren J. (2016), Global Marketing: Global Edition, 7th edition. Paperback. Pearson Education. ISBN1292150777(ebk); ISBN9781292150772. Online access available from the library.
|Scheduled activity hours|
|Assessment written exam||2|
|Independent study hours|
|Magda Hassan||Unit coordinator|
Informal Contact Method
Online Learning Activities (blogs, discussions, self-assessment questions)
Peer Assisted Study Sessions
Drop in Surgeries (extra help sessions for students on material they may be struggling with)