MSc Mechanical Engineering Design / Careers
Year of entry: 2022
- View tabs
- View full page
The Mechanical Engineering Design MSc has a strong focus on employability to support you to take control of your future and give yourself the best chance of securing your ideal job after graduation. For example there are regular industrial guest lectures and optional short courses delivered by companies such as National Instruments and Maxon Motors.
Each year Manchester careers fairs, workshops and presentations attract more than 600 exhibitors and 20,000 visitors illustrating how Top employers target Manchester graduates.
After graduating with a Mechanical Engineering Design MSc you will be in a strong position to seek employment with companies such as: BP, Rolls Royce, GE Aviation, Airbus, Siemens, Jaguar Land Rover, Bentley Motors, Nissan Motor Company, Bombardier Transportation, DePuy International, GE Healthcare, E-ON, EDF, Sellafield, Apple.
Destination of Leavers Survey
Every year our The University of Manchester conducts a destination of leavers survey with students six months after they have graduated. A selection of these destinations since 2010 are highlighted below:
- GE Aviation (Design Engineer)
- GE Healthcare (Edison Engineering Development Programme)
- SEPLAT Petroleum Development Company (Drilling Engineer)
- BMP Europe Ltd (Design Engineer)
- The University of Manchester (PhD Researcher)
- Formosa Prosonic (Design Engineer)
- Hitachi Home & Life Solutions (India) Ltd (Executive - Quality Management)
- Indra Limited (Mechanical Design Engineer)
- NNPC-NETCO (Mechanical Engineer)
- Shell Petroleum Development company (SPDC) (Oil and Gas Operator)
- Triton Valves Ltd (Senior Engineer, Design and Development)