MSc Occupational Hygiene / Entry requirements
Year of entry: 2019
Academic entry qualification overview
We require a good honours degree (Lower Second or above), preferably in a science discipline. In lieu of the usual entry requirements, extensive professional experience, coupled with evidence of further training or qualifications, will be considered.
Students must demonstrate English proficiency through a secure and approved testing system.
We ask for English language proof from applicants from non-majority English speaking countries (a list of majority English-speaking countries, as defined by the UK Home Office, can be found here .
Specifically, we require a minimum of:
- IELTS: Overall 6.5 (6.0 in each component)
- TOEFL iBT: 90 (22 in each component)
See further information about requirements for your country .
English language test validity
Some English language test results are only valid for two years. Your English language test report must be valid on the start date of the course.
Other international entry requirements
Overseas students should note that:
- Year 1 students are required to attend be in Manchester for three days including a one day seminar associated with Module 1 in month 3, and the same for Module 2 in month 5.
- Students will be required to participate in two tutorials per course module for Modules 4 to 8, via web conference.
- In Year 2, students are required to attend in Manchester for a four day practical course in month 5 and for one exam day in month 10.
- In Year 3, students are required to attend a three day dissertation course held at the University in month 1.
- All examinations will be held at The University of Manchester Worldwide Assessment Centres in various global locations.