MSc Medical Microbiology / Application and selection
Year of entry: 2019
How to apply
Please apply via our online application form . See the application and selection section for details of the supporting documents we require.
We recommend that you apply as early as possible. We reserve the right to close applications if the course is full.
Advice to applicants
Your application form must have the following supporting documents.
- One academic reference on letter headed paper, signed and dated, or sent from work emails. Professional references can be provided in instances where you have been out of university for more than 3 years. We do not contact referees directly.
- Official degree certificates (with translations if not in English) if you have already graduated.
- Official University transcripts (with translations if not in English).
- Full CV.
- Personal statement.
- A scanned copy of your passport if you require a Tier 4 visa to study in the UK.
- If English is not your first language, we require proof of your English language ability. If you have already taken an English language qualification, please include your certificate with your application. We may be willing to consider your application without this document, but if we choose to make you an offer, the conditions will include IELTS (or equivalent qualification).
Supporting documents can be uploaded with the online application form, or sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org . We are unable to consider your application until we have received all of the documents listed above.
You must include your University ID number on any correspondence and do not send any documents before you have submitted your application.
A place on this course cannot be guaranteed if offers made are not accepted by the deadline stated in the offer letter.
Please note that places on the PGDip course may be offered to students who do not exactly meet the academic entry requirements, with the possibility of transfer to the MSc on adequate academic progression in Semester 1.
How your application is considered
Returning to education
Overseas (non-UK) applicants
Self-funded international applicants for this course will be required to pay a deposit of £1,000 towards their tuition fees before a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) is issued. This deposit will only be refunded if immigration permission is refused. We will notify you about how and when to make this payment.
Please upload a copy of your current valid passport with your application showing the photograph page with your application. For CAS purposes, this must show your full name, date of birth, nationality, passport number and the date the passport is valid until, which must be later than the date of your planned arrival in the UK, and the start date of your course.
You cannot use your CAS to apply for a visa more than three months before the start date of your course. This means that if you intend to begin a course on 16 September 2019, we will not issue you with a CAS number before 16 June 2019.
Your CAS number is only valid for one Tier 4 application.
Fitness to practise / health requirements
If you applied in the previous year and your application was not successful, you may apply again. Your application will be considered against the standard course entry criteria for that year of entry. In your new application, you should demonstrate how your application has improved.
We may draw upon all information from your previous applications or any previous registrations at the University as a student when assessing your suitability for your chosen course.