MSc Skin Ageing and Aesthetic Medicine / Overview
Year of entry: 2019
- Degree awarded
- Master of Science
- MSc 36 months PT, PGDip 24 months PT
- Entry requirements
We require a medical or dental degree (eg MBBS, BDS, LDS, BDChB) or overseas equivalent from an institution that is recognised and approved by the UK General Medical Council (GMC) or the General Dental Council (GDC). No other applicants will be considered for this course.
You must also have been practicing in your field following graduation and be registered with the GMC or GDC with a full licence to practice and evidence of membership of the appropriate professional defence union, so you can perform clinical procedures during our residential weeks.
- Number of places/applicants
- 24 places available
- How to apply
Please apply via our online application form . See the application and selection section for details of the supporting documents we require.
We recommend that you apply as early as possible. The closing date for applications is 31st May 2019.
We reserve the right to close applications if the course is full.
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
- Our MSc Skin Ageing and Aesthetic Medicine course is aimed at qualified medical and dental practitioners who want to learn more about cosmetic medicine. Please note: the course does not provide clinical competency.
- Learn from leading experts in aesthetic research, regulation and clinical practice.
- Complement online theoretical learning with laboratory practicals and hands-on clinical bedside teaching sessions linked to the relevant course units (which take place within the two compulsory residential weeks).
- Study at a university ranked 9th in the UK and among the top 50 in the world for medicine (QS World University Rankings 2018).
For entry in the academic year beginning September 2019, the tuition fees are as follows:
MSc (part-time distance learning)
UK/EU students (per annum): £4,000 per annum Year 1 and 2 ; Year 3 £2,000
International students (per annum): £9,200 per annum Year 1 and 2; Year 3 £4,600
PGDip (part-time distance learning)
UK/EU students (per annum): £4,000 per annum
International students (per annum): £9,200 per annum
The fees quoted above will be fully inclusive for the course tuition, learning from real patients, equipment for all clinical workshops, assessment, administration and computational costs during your studies.
All fees for entry will be subject to yearly review and incremental rises per annum are also likely over the duration of courses lasting more than a year for UK/EU students (fees are typically fixed for International students, for the course duration at the year of entry).
For general fees information please visit: postgraduate fees . Always contact the department if you are unsure which fee applies to your qualification award and method of attendance.
The Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health offers an alumni bursary of £1,000 towards tuition fees for successful applicants who are recent University of Manchester graduates and who are commencing one of our postgraduate taught master's programmes in 2019.
The bursary is available to students or alumni who:
- graduated in 2018 or are graduating in 2019;
- hold a first class honours degree;
- have home or overseas fee status;
- are applying for full- or part-time study;
- are self-funded and not in receipt of any other funding support.
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.
Regulated by the Office for Students
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Office for Students (OfS). The OfS aims to help students succeed in Higher Education by ensuring they receive excellent information and guidance, get high quality education that prepares them for the future and by protecting their interests. More information can be found at the OfS website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.