MSc Reliability Engineering and Asset Management / Entry requirements
Year of entry: 2024
- View tabs
- View full page
Academic entry qualification overview
The standard academic entry requirement for this Master's course is a Second Class (2:1) UK honours degree or international equivalent, in a relevant science or engineering discipline. In some cases we will accept a Second Class (2:2) honours degree where candidates have previous relevant industrial experience demonstrated by an up-to-date CV.
All applicants will need to demonstrate competency in English language. Applicants who do not already possess an acceptable English Language qualification will need to take a recognised test and attain the required English Language score:
- IELTS: at least 6.5 overall with no sub-test below 6.0.
- TOEFL iBT: at least 90 overall with no sub-test below 20. We do not accept 'MyBestScore'. We do not accept TOEFL iBT Home Edition.
- Pearson PTE: at least 70 overall with no sub-test below 65.
Further information on language requirements can be found on our website .
If you require a student visa and choose to sit Pearson PTE, an overall score of 59 with no less than 59 in each component would be required.
We will consider applicants who do not meet these scores but you may be required to complete a pre-sessional English language course at the University of Manchester prior to the start of the course.
To be considered for a pre-sessional English language course for this programme we require the following minimum IELTS (Academic) scores:
- 6 Week Pre-Sessional Course: Minimum 6.0 overall with no sub-test below 5.5.
- 10 Week Pre-sessional Course: Minimum 5.5 overall with no sub-test below 5.5.
If you have not yet completed your current academic study and are interested in studying a pre-sessional course, you must hold an IELTS for UKVI (Academic) test certificate.