MSc Clinical Dentistry (Paediatric Dentistry) / Overview
Year of entry: 2019
- Degree awarded
- 36 months
- Entry requirements
We require a primary dental qualification from a recognised institution.
We also require you to have at least two years' recent experience in clinical professional practice.
- How to apply
Please apply via our online application form . See the application and selection section for details of the supporting documents we require.
We recommend that you apply as early as possible. We reserve the right to close applications if the course is full.
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
- Receive specialist clinical training in paediatric dentistry and build up your knowledge of literature in this field.
- Learn from consultants and specialists in paediatric dentistry and develop clinical skills at the University Dental Hospital of Manchester.
- Pave the way for a research or clinical academic career in this area of dentistry.
- Become eligible for the Membership in Paediatric Dentistry tri-collegiate specialty membership examination.
- Study at a university ranked 4th in the UK and among the top 25 in the world for dentistry (QS World University Rankings 2018).
Attending an open day is a great way to find out what studying at Manchester is like. Find out about our upcoming open days .
For entry in the academic year beginning September 2019, the tuition fees are as follows:
UK/EU students (per annum): £46,000
International students (per annum): £46,000
The fees quoted above will be fully inclusive for the course tuition, administration and computational costs during your studies.
All fees for entry will be subject to yearly review and incremental rises per annum are also likely over the duration of courses lasting more than a year for UK/EU students (fees are typically fixed for International students, for the course duration at the year of entry). See postgraduate fees for general fee information. Always contact the department if you are unsure which fee applies to your qualification award and method of attendance.
The Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health offers an alumni bursary of £1,000 towards tuition fees for successful applicants who are recent University of Manchester graduates and who are commencing one of our postgraduate taught master's programmes in 2019.
The bursary is available to students or alumni who:
- graduated in 2018 or are graduating in 2019;
- hold a first class honours degree;
- have home or overseas fee status;
- are applying for full- or part-time study;
- are self-funded and not in receipt of any other funding support.
The bursary will be applied as a fee reduction automatically for those students and alumni who meet the alumni bursary criteria so there is no application process.
Courses in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of courses in related subject areas.
Regulated by the Office for Students
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Office for Students (OfS). The OfS aims to help students succeed in Higher Education by ensuring they receive excellent information and guidance, get high quality education that prepares them for the future and by protecting their interests. More information can be found at the OfS website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.