MSc Advanced Chemical Engineering / Entry requirements
Year of entry: 2024
- View tabs
- View full page
Academic entry qualification overview
A 2(i) (upper second class honours) first degree in Chemical Engineering or a closely related engineering discipline, or equivalent qualifications/experience. Applicants with a 2(ii) will be considered and are welcome to apply.
All applicants will need to demonstrate competency in the English language. Applicants who do not already possess an acceptable English Language qualification will need to take a recognised test and attain the required English Language score:
- IELTS: at least 6.5 overall with 6.5 in writing and no other sub-test below 6.0.
- TOFEL iBT: at least 90 overall with 22 in writing and no sub-test below 20. We do not accept 'MyBestScore'.
- Pearson PTE: at least 70 overall with 70 in writing and no other sub-test less than 65.
Further information on language requirements can be found on our website .
We will consider applicants who do not meet these scores but you may be required to complete a pre-sessional English language course at the University of Manchester prior to the start of the course.
To be considered for a pre-sessional English language course for this programme we require the following minimum IELTS (Academic) scores:
- 6 Week Pre-sessional Course: Minimum 6.0 overall with 6.0 in writing and 2 other sub-tests, and no more than one sub-test of 5.5
- 10 Week Pre-Sessional Course: Minimum 5.5 overall with no sub-test below 5.5.
If you have not yet completed your current academic study and are interested in studying a pre-sessional course, you must hold an IELTS for UKVI (Academic) test certificate.