MSc Financial Economics / Entry requirements
Year of entry: 2021
- View tabs
- View full page
Academic entry qualification overview
A UK 2:1 honours degree (or overseas equivalent) in economics, finance, mathematics or a related subject with economic theory, mathematics and econometrics studied at a high level.
When applying, please submit these supporting documents, in addition to the on-line form:
- copy of transcript from undergraduate degrees (interim transcripts are acceptable if you have not yet finished the degree);
- English language evidence (for applicants from non-native English speaking countries.
When assessing your academic record we take into account your grades, your academic references, and the standing of the institution where you studied.
- IELTS - overall score of 7, including 7 in writing with no further component score below 6.5;
- TOEFL IBT 103 with 28 in writing and no further score below 25 in each section. TOEFL code for Manchester is 0757.
- Pearson - overall 73 with 73 in writing and no further score below 66
- Other English tests are also considered. Please contact us for further information - firstname.lastname@example.org
Scores are valid for 2 years.
Please note that CAS statements are issued only when all conditions of the offer have been satisfied, PDF copy of passport received and the offer accepted.
Applicants from certain countries may be exempt from having to provide an IELTS or TOEFL score. For further advice please email email@example.com
Pre-Sessional English Courses
If you are eligible to do a pre-sessional English course (either 6 weeks or 10 weeks, depending on your English score), you will need to successfully complete the course at the required level before you are permitted to register on your academic course.