Trudeau Doctoral Scholarships 2024 Entry
Type of award
Faculty of Humanities
- Tuition Fees
- Maintenance, research and travel allowance
Please see the Trudeau Foundation website for details
Continuation of award
Continuation of the award is subject to satisfactory progress.
Level(s) of study
This funding is available to students undertaking the following types of study:
- Postgraduate research
Allowed study options
This funding is available to students undertaking the following modes of study:
This funding is available to students undertaking study in:
- Anthropology, Media and Performance
- Arab World Studies
- Art History and Visual Studies
- Arts Management and Cultural Practices
- Chinese Studies
- Classics and Ancient History
- Development Policy and Management
- East Asian Studies
- English Literature, American Studies and Creative Writing
- French Studies
- German Studies
- Human Geography
- Humanitarianism and Conflict Response
- Italian Studies
- Japanese Studies
- Linguistics and English Language
- Middle Eastern Studies
- Physical Geography
- Planning, Property and Environmental Management
- Religions and Theology
- Russian and East European Studies
- Social Anthropology
- Social Statistics
- Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies
- Translation, Interpreting and Intercultural Studies
To apply to the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Scholarship, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You must be already accepted into or in year one or two of a full-time doctoral program, and expected to complete your doctoral studies in 2027 or later.
- Your field of study is broadly related to the humanities or human sciences of direct relevance to the future of Canada; (please refer to the FAQ for more details)
- Your doctoral work must relate to at least one of the Foundation's Four Themes: Human Rights and Dignity, Responsible Citizenship, Canada and the World, People and their Natural Environment.
- Be a Canadian citizen
This funding is available to students from:
Other eligibility criteria
Applicants must hold an offer of study at The University of Manchester before applying for this funding.
- You must hold an offer for your preferred PhD programme before applying for the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Scholarship.
- You can then begin your application using the Trudeau Foundation's online portal . You will need to create an account and complete the application form and upload your transcripts. You must also wait until you have recieved notification that both of your referees have submitted their referral form. Once all of the above is complete, you can submit your application.
- If you are selected as a semi-finalist, you will be invited to participate in group interviews via video call.
- Outstanding semi-finalists will be invited to a second round of interviews, held with members of the Application and Nomination Review Committee.
- Academic excellence;
- Leadership experience and abilities;
- Thematic relevance of research to the Foundation's themes;
- Public engagement;
- Desire to contribute to public dialogue and share knowledge;
- Communication skills;
- Desire to belong to a vibrant community made up of leaders from across sectors; and
- All forms of diversity, including but not limited to gender, ethnicity, language, region, and discipline. We welcome First Nations, Métis, and Inuit candidates.
01 Dec 2023
The deadline to submit your completed application directly to the Pierre Trudeau Foundation is 1 December 2023 5pm EST.
Contact details for enquiries
- Humanities Doctoral Academy Admissions
Tel: +44 (0)161 275 1200