PhD Mechanical Engineering / Application and selection
Year of entry: 2024
- View tabs
- View full page
How to apply
In your application you’ll need to include:
- The name of this programme
- Your research project title (i.e. the advertised project name or proposed project name)
- Your supervisor’s name
- If you already have funding or you wish to be considered for any of the available funding
- Details of your previous study
- Names and contact details of your two referees.
Advice to applicants
- Checked you meet the minimum eligibility criteria for postgraduate research in the Faculty of Science and Engineering.
- Identified the specific research project, CDT or dual-award you'd like to apply for or, if you already have funding, determined your own research project and title and discussed this with a supervisor.
- Contacted the project supervisor and spoken to them about your suitability for the project.
- Browsed funding you are eligible for and discussed this with your supervisor, if you don't already have your own funding.
- Certificates: Certificates and final transcripts of any completed university-level qualifications and interim transcripts for qualifications in progress. If your transcripts are in a language other than English, you must provide an official English translation.
- CV: Summarising your academic record and highlighting experience that demonstrates your potential to conduct research.
- English language proof: A certificate or evidence demonstrating your English language ability and proficiency. Applications can be considered without this evidence but any offer would be conditional on meeting minimum requirements.
- Referees: Names and contact details of two academic referees who we can get in contact with and will support your application.
This information will be reviewed and used to shortlist you for a funding interview if appropriate; you should therefore ensure that you address all of the above requirements.
It is normally possible to defer entry to another entry point within the academic year, with the approval of your supervisory team and funder (if applicable).
You can request a deferral by contacting the Doctoral Academy Admissions Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . If you request deferral for entry in a subsequent academic year you may be required to re-apply.