PhD Physics / Application and selection
Year of entry: 2020
- View tabs
- View full page
How to apply
To apply for this course you will need to complete and submit an online application here . There is no official deadline to apply for a postgraduate research course. However, we advise that you apply as soon as possible, especially if you wish to be considered for funding.
Advice to applicants
Before you start your application, make sure you have all the information and documents you will need:
- Potential supervisor - we advise that you contact a potential supervisor before submitting your application. You can find a list of our Academic and Research staff here
- Transcript and degree certificates - please notice that you will need to provide transcripts even if you haven't graduated by the time you apply
- English certificate - see our entry requirements for more information
- 2 academic references - please contact your referees and ask them to email their reference letter and referee report form to email@example.com as well as the PG coordinator of your chosen research project. Bear in mind that the references should be on letter-headed paper and signed.
- Personal statement - your personal statement shouldn't be longer than a page. For more information on how to write a personal statement see here
- Research proposal - it is not strictly necessary as you will be applying for a set research project
* Please notice that you will need to submit translations if your original documents are not in English.
* It is preferable to submit your documents in PDF format.