PhD Development Policy and Management / Entry requirements
Year of entry: 2022
- View tabs
- View full page
Academic entry qualification overview
- A First or Upper Second Class Bachelor's degree (or its international equivalent).
- A relevant master's degree, with Merit and a minimum average grade of 60% in both the taught course units and your dissertation (or international equivalent of 60%).
Candidates whose first language is not English require one of the following certificates:
- IELTS test minimum scores - 7 overall, 7 writing, 6 other sections;
- TOEFL (internet based) test minimum scores - 100 overall, 25 writing, 22 other sections;
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) minimum scores - 66 overall, 66 writing, 59 other sections;
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) - overall score of 185 or above, with writing 185 and no other sub-section below 169, or Grade C if taken before 2015;
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE) - overall score of 185 or above, with writing 185 and no other sub-section below 169, or Grade B if taken before 2015.
English language test validity
Some English Language test results are only valid for two years.
Your English Language test report must be valid on the start date of the programme.