DEdChPsy Educational and Child Psychology / Overview
Year of entry: 2024
- View tabs
- View full page
- Degree awarded
- 3 years
- Entry requirements
You must have one of the following, which confers eligibility for GBCM:
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology (minimum 2:1);
- Conversion course (minimum Merit);
- Psychology-based Master's degree (minimum Merit).
- Number of places/applicants
- 24 places, subject to confirmation
- How to apply
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
- Undertake an HCPC-approved doctoral programme of professional training as an educational psychologist.
- Gain training in several therapeutic approaches.
- Undertake professionally relevant research at a top 10 Education department in the UK (QS World University Ranking by Subject 2021).
- Produce two publishable papers enabling you to more widely share your work.
To be announced.
Your fees will cover the cost of your study at the University, as well as charges for registration, tuition, supervision, examinations and graduation (excluding graduation robe hire).
Payment of tuition fees will also entitle you to membership of The University of Manchester library, the Students' Union and the Athletic Union.
Funding for fees is provided by the Department for Education (DfE), throughout all three years of the programme.
The DfE also provides a bursary in year one.
For years two and three, trainees can opt into the bursary allocation system, which provides all funded bursary placements.
Programmes in related subject areas
Use the links below to view lists of programmes in related subject areas.
Regulated by the Office for Students
The University of Manchester is regulated by the Office for Students (OfS). The OfS aims to help students succeed in Higher Education by ensuring they receive excellent information and guidance, get high quality education that prepares them for the future and by protecting their interests. More information can be found at the OfS website.
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Manchester, including our Degree Regulations and Complaints Procedure, on our regulations website.