PhD Social Anthropology with Visual Media / Entry requirements
Year of entry: 2024
- View tabs
- View full page
Academic entry qualification overview
- Bachelor's (Honours) degree in a cognate subject at 2:1 or above (or overseas equivalent); and
- Master's degree in Anthropology - with an overall average of 65% or above, a minimum mark of 65% in your dissertation and no mark below 55% (or overseas equivalent)
- Some practical competence in the use of visual media is desired but not essential.
- IELTS test minimum score - 7.0 overall, 7.0 in writing, 6.5 in other sections.
- TOEFL (internet based) test minimum score - 100 overall, 25 all sections.
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) UKVI/SELT or PTE Academic minimum score - 76 overall, 76 in writing, 70 in other sections.
- To demonstrate that you have taken an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in a majority English speaking nation within the last 5 years.
- Other tests may be considered.
English language test validity
Other international entry requirements
The University requires you to reside within a commutable distance from Manchester during your time as a registered student, unless you are on approved fieldwork/a formal placement or are on a period of Submission pending. This is to ensure that you are able to meet attendance expectations and participate in wider research activities within your discipline area and/or School.