PhD/MPhil Public Health / Application and selection
Year of entry: 2019
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online well in advance of your anticipated start date (6 weeks for Home/EU, 12 weeks for overseas). We cannot accept late applications without prior agreement via the Doctoral Academy.
September entry - apply by 15 July
January entry - apply by 15 November
April entry - apply by 15 February
September entry - apply by 1 st week of June
January entry - apply by 1 st week of October
April entry - apply by 1 st week of January
Advice to applicants
In addition to the formal online application, candidates should send all supporting documents (CV, transcripts, certificates, confirmation of funding, English language ability (if applicable), references and a personal statement).
About the personal statement
We recommend that your personal statement summarises:
- any research experience and your interests;
- your motivation for postgraduate research study;
- why you want to do a postgraduate research degree in Manchester;
- your career development to date;
- your future career plans;
- other supporting information: recent publications if any or other research training and experience.
If you have completed a research project during your undergraduate/master's study, please give a short description of the work you undertook, including the following details:
- the research problem
- your key findings
- techniques acquired and skills learned.
This information is especially important for applicants from overseas, so we can fully assess your practical background and experience alongside your academic qualifications. Failure to include this information may delay the processing of your application.
See further guidance on how to choose a project and submit an application on our website .