PhD/MPhil Cardiovascular Sciences / Application and selection
Year of entry: 2023
- View tabs
- View full page
How to apply
See full guidance on how to choose a project and submit an application on our websi te . You should then complete the online admissions application form to apply for this programme. Ensure you include all required supporting documents at the time of submission, or this may delay the processing of your application.
You must submit your application for a postgraduate research programme before the relevant deadline to be considered. You will not be able to apply after these deadlines have passed.
- January entry: 31 October (of the year prior entry)
- April entry: 15 January (year of entry)
- September entry: 15 June (year of entry)
Advice to applicants
In addition to the formal online application, candidates should send all supporting documents (CV, transcripts, certificates, confirmation of funding, English language ability (if applicable) and a personal statement).
About the personal statement
We recommend that your personal statement summarises:
- any research experience and your interests;
- your motivation for postgraduate research study;
- why you want to do a postgraduate research degree in Manchester;
- your career development to date;
- your future career plans;
- other supporting information: recent publications if any or other research training and experience;
If you have completed a research project during your undergraduate/master's study, please give a short description of the work you undertook, including the following details:
- the research problem
- your key findings
- techniques acquired and skills learned
This information is especially important for applicants from overseas, so we can fully assess your practical background and experience alongside your academic qualifications. Failure to include this information may delay the processing of your application.
See further guidance on how to choose a project and submit an application on our website .
Candidates will be required to attend an interview with their prospective supervisor as well as an independent Postgraduate Tutor. If it is not possible for you to attend in person, we are able to interview by Zoom/video conferencing.